Friday, July 1, 2011

Writers Unite--celebrations are allowed



It's July first and I'm so ready to celebrate summer. I finished my edit last night and sent it along to my publisher. As all writers know, this is cause for celebration. Out with the wine and dark chocolate with salt. The sky is the limit. In fact, if you write a complete sentence, that is cause for some kind of celebration.

Now for a few quick random words.
Le Artist's Studio met in my bistro this morning and what a time we had. One gal is taking a blog class to learn how to use blogs to their fullest extent. That got me to thinking. How can I use my blog to the fullest without taking a full-blown class? Who is my audience? What message am I trying to convey? What am I here for?? Who am I??? As I especially try to figure out the last question, I decide to rest my brain. Forget it. I have better things to do. Like what? you ask. For one, I'm having a "Girls Movie Night" here in about an hour so I need to swifter the floor and run a comb through my hair, then -- Voila! It's me! Sharon Christine Leaf, a friend for all seasons. I'm here to laugh, cry, eat, make merry and to give a wise word in season to those around me. That's simple enough.

I learned a long time ago to keep things simple. So the purpose of my blog? To help simplify my reader's life. De-clutter your brain. Go for a walk. Read a favorite book. Hug your child (or a friend). Kiss your hubby (or a friend).

Lots of love to you on this fabulous 4th of July! I'm especially loving this holiday because Tom, Jacquie and Destinee are now living in South Carolina just a few southern miles down the road! Another dream come true. And we're going boating tomorrow...yay!

So don't give up on your dreams. They will come true. Some take a little longer than others but they are worth waiting for.

1 comment:

Jennifer Richardson said...

celebrating dreams-come-true
with you
and loving you
and the simple life
you embrace.
-Jennifer

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!